The origins of the Quickborner Team go back to Velox-Organisation Hermann Dunst GmbH, a company headed by brothers Eberhard and Wolfgang Schnelle, and Hermann Dunst.

 

Its first office, opened in 1956 on Hamburg's Hochallee linked the sale of office furniture from the Velox works with consultation on office organisation and utilisation.

 

In 1959 the company completely detached itself from the Velox works under the new name of Eberhard und Wolfgang Schnelle GmbH. One of its first major contracts was to plan a communication-friendly administrative office for the Mannheim-based pharmaceutical concern Boehringer.